Version 2.2, 19. June 2019
Access to and handling of research data and research instruments is subject to these terms and conditions of use, for reasons of copyright and data privacy as well as to preserve the rights of persons who were observed in the context of scientific studies and providers of the data as well as the rights of instrument producers.
- If my contact data change, I will immediately initiate an update of my user account via "alter my data".
- I ascertain that I will not attempt to (re)identify persons studied or third parties named in the data. I will not connect the provided data basis with other data for the purpose of de-anonymising.
- I certify that I will not publish results of research containing informationn and details which would enable an individual identification of persons studied.
- I will prohibit the unlawful use by completely and irrevocably destroying any data I have received from the Research Data Center for Education, as well as any backup copies and auxiliary files, once the research project is terminated. The respective storage device will be made unusable or destroyed. 
- I agree to citing the used data and materials pursuant to scientific practice. At least the following details are necessary: copyright holder of study, title of study, assessment period / duration of study, data portal / index where the study is documented and where applicable, Persistent Identifier (DOI or URN) as source reference.
- I hereby certify that I will send DIPF at least one copy of the publication(s), project reports or similar for which I analysed data accessed via FDZ Bildung as a PDF file, respectively I will additionally send a printed copy in the case of a printed publication. I grant DIPF the right to submit a copy of a pdf file to the original copyright holders of the research data, exclusively for their private use.
- I assure that I will report newly developed research instruments or data sets that are based on material accessed on FDZ Bildung and that I will check for archiving respectively registering the material with FDZ Bildung.
The service provider cannot guarantee the complete accuracy of empirical data. We therefore kindly ask you to report errors in the data to the Research Data Center for Education.
The Research Data Center for Education reserves a right to change contents any time, either in full or part, to delete them or not to publish data for a period of time. Users will be informed about changes to data at a central point on the portal, and users will be notified ahead of permanently deleting entire datasets.
Please note that you will not be granted exclusive access to data. When processing an application, we will not check whether access has already been requested for the same or a similar research purpose.
 For recommendations, see: www.forschungsdaten-bildung.de/datensicherheit